Two ways to register: on line (recommended method) or the morning of the event (cash payment only).
This cost includes:
Extra lunches can be purchased by supporters at the cost of 15$
Alcohol is not included with the meal and can be purchased separately.
All registered racers must present themselves at the registration table the day of the event to obtain their access bracelet and boat ID sticker.
By registering, you accept the below waiver form.
RELEASE FROM LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
This waiver applies to my participation to the Greater Montreal Outrigger Challenge and all surrounding practices and activities.
1) I acknowledge that outrigger canoeing, canoeing, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, surfsking and associated paddle and water sports (whether outdoor or indoor) (the Activities) involve risk, dangers and inherent hazards (collectively the Inherent Risk). I further acknowledge that in addition to the Inherent Risk the Activities involve certain additional risks, dangers, and hazards, some of which may include (but are not limited to): physical exertion for which I may not be prepared; weather extremes, including sudden and unexpected changes, dangerous water conditions, including cold water and movement, waves and currents, collision with natural and man-made objects, including rocks and other boats, and equipment malfunction or failure (collectively the Additional Risks).
2) I acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of my participation in the Activities is derived, in part from the Inherent Risk and the Additional Risks and I expressly agree to freely accept and fully assume all risk of personal injury, death, property damage or less, resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to the Inherent Risk and the Additional Risks and active or passive negligence, imprudence, lack of skill, error of judgment, breach of contract or breach of statutory duty of care on the part of the Organizer, the Hudson Yacht Club, equipment providers, Town of Hudson, event volunteers and all other related groups and persons (each such person being an Indemnified Party). For greater certainly and without limiting the foregoing, I acknowledge that I use the equipment and facilities of the Organizer, and any other Indemnified Party with understanding of the nature, condition and state thereof and entirely at my own risk and acknowledge that I am solely responsible for the safety of my person and property and that the Organizer and each other Indemnified Party assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the safety of my person or property in connection with the Activities or other activities (including on-water or dry-land practices, training and award ceremonies) sponsored or organized by any Indemnified Party (Related Activities).
3) On my behalf and on behalf of my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, estate trustees, successors and assigns, I waive any and all claims I may now and in the future have against and release and forever discharge from liability and agree not to sue the Organizer and/or any other Indemnified Party for any personal injury, death, property damage or less sustained by me as a result of my participation in the Activities or Related Activities due to any cause whatsoever, including but not limited active or passive negligence, imprudence, lack of skill, error of judgment, breach of contract, or breach of statutory duty of care on the part of the Organizer or any other Indemnified Party.
4) On my behalf and on behalf of my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, estate trustees, successors and assigns, I agree to save harmless and indemnify the Organizer and each other Indemnified Party from and against any and all liability or costs incurred by any of them for any personal injury, death, property damage or less to any third party, resulting from my participation in the Activities or Related Activities or in the operation of the Organizer.
5) I agree that I am responsible for all costs of rescue or medical attention rendered to me or for my benefit, arising from the Activities and Related Activities and I agree to indemnify the Organizer and/or each other Indemnified Party from any and all liability in respect of any and all such costs.
6) I acknowledge that in signing this waiver and release I am not relying on any oral, written or visual representations or statements made by the Organizer or any other Indemnified Party.
7) I agree to obey all rules of the Organizer and understand that it is my responsibility to provide a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) for all Activities, and that I will wear a PFD when so directed by the Organizer or if participating in Activities in water conditions in which I am not comfortable, or capable of, swimming. I further understand that it is my responsibility at all times to obey the laws applicable in Québec, including those with respect to PFD usage. Failure to comply with the PFD requirements herein, or other rules of the Organizer generally, will result in the Organizer refusing to allow my participation in any Activity or Related Activity.
8) I agree that this Waiver and Release shall in all respects be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the province of Québec.
I confirm that I am of the full age of 18 years and I have read this Waiver and Release prior to signing, understand its contents and accept its terms. I agree that this instrument will be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, estate trustees, successors and assigns.